5 Famous Cross-Platform Mobile Development Tools Worth Considering
Realizing the continuous rise in mobile device usage, many businesses are leveraging mobile apps to maximize their brand reach. Besides going by an online survey conducted by IDC, it is expected that the growth rate of apps will increase by 38% by 2019. This clearly indicates that mobile development space will prove a worthwhile investment for businesses.
But remember, there are millions of users on each platform, expecting a fluid experience from apps. Thankfully, there are several cross-platform mobile development tools available online that help makes mobile applications adaptable on different platforms. These tools work on the “Write once and run anywhere” mantra. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most preferred cross-platform development tools, ideal for businesses wanting to make their apps run across some major platforms and devices.
Xamarin comes integrated with SDKs of all the major operating systems and helps to write apps on a C# shared codebase – to be used on iOS, Mac, Android, Windows, and other platforms. This mobile app development platform includes lots of products and the most important on called “Xamarin Test Cloud” enables developers to test iOS and Android apps automatically on a broad range of devices.
- Analyze app performance;
- Perform exception monitoring;
- Provides the ability to test an app on 1000+ real devices;
- Provide developers with a detailed report on errors (i.e. crashes and exceptions) and more.
- This platform is supported by a great community that continuously introduces enhancements and various examples;
- PhoneGap APIs helps in accessing many different device capabilities like Camera, GPS Tracking, Accelerometer, File Storage and so forth.
- Provides good performance using native components;
- Comes with a powerful API, providing access to interface elements of iOS or Android platforms;
- Provide real-time mobile analytics;
- Help develop apps quickly.
This is an excellent HTML5 mobile application framework that best suit your needs for creating HTML5 web apps that looks just like native apps. The HTML5 code developed with the help of the Sencha Touch framework can be used on Android or iOS platforms using the PhoneGap framework or Sencha’s native packager.
- Sencha comes integrated with many products, however, the main product is Ext Js 5. It is used by developers more commonly, as it helps in improving productivity via pre-built components;
- Offers an MVC style architecture, a library of UI components, an extensible API and UI themes among other features;
- Allows Native packaging of the app.
RhoMobile is a Ruby-based framework that is used for developing apps that work on multiple mobile operating systems and devices. It helps in creating native apps for Android, iOS, Symbian, etc. This is an open-source framework that allows developers to write single codebase for multiple platforms.
- Developers need to code only once, which can be used for building an app for all of the major Smartphones;
- Help in building browser-based applications using RhoHub;
- Allows to sync apps easily with multiple devices and cloud data, using RhoSync.
Hope going through this post will help you become familiar with some of the popular cross-platform mobile development platforms. Though, the list of platforms covered in this post is not comprehensive, but will definitely help you serve as a good starting guide for your app development project.
While Titanium is a good choice for organizations seeking to develop cross-platform apps quickly, it isn’t a good option for building complicated apps. On the other hand, PhoneGap is the perfect platform for novice developers willing to learn the process of app development.
We at the Alpha click, provide high-quality Web Development Services. She loves sharing the latest information on mobile technology and provides concrete information on technologies like iOS, web apps development. checkout our portfolio click here.